Saturday, March 18, 2006

Men, religions and the absurd

Don't get me wrong, I deeply respect people's right to worship what or whoever they want. I also respect their right to make fun or criticize my or anybody else's deeply held convictions. Come on! Some people worship Elvis and I find that cooky and I worship the Holy Mary and other people find that even weirder. A woman with a long dress and a head covering. I'm a Marian, that my thing and it has gotten me through some heavy times. We all have a right to our higher power. If it's a door knob, well it's your door knob and your business.
This South Park episode reminds me of a toned and westernized version of the cartoon incidents. So just like I supported Denmark and the media's right to publish the cartoons I think South Park creators should be supported.
Their reaction?
Fabulous:
"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun!" the two said in a statement sent to trade paper Variety.
"Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"
They signed the statement, "Trey Parker and Matt Stone, servants of the dark lord Xenu."LOL

On the book "Manliness"by Harvey C. MansfieldWashington Post's Hank Stuever does a funny article called A Bicepsual Concept, inventing yet another neologism. Here is my humble contribution to it: "A Croatia lumberjack claims he started 'enjoying housework and knitting' after he was given a female kidney"..and he is outraged...to which is his wife Radmila added: "If the new femine side to him is confined to housework I am very happy, I only hope he doesn't start looking at other men."
And now to sum it all up, a poem:


Lumberjack Song - Monty Python
I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day.
Chorus: He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day.
I cut down trees, I eat my lunch I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea
Mounties: He cut down trees, he eat his lunch He go to the lavatory
On Wednesdays he go shopping and has buttered scones for tea.
Chorus: He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day.
I cut down trees, I skip and jump I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.
Mounties: He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps
He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars?!
Chorus: He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day.
I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspenders and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear papa!
Mounties: He cuts down trees, he wears high heels?!
Suspenders...and a bra?! ...
He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day. ...
He's/I'm a lumberjack and he's/
I'm OK He/I sleep all night and he/
I work all day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

What Kind of Blogger Are You?