Friday, September 18, 2009

Rosh Hashana

Tim Kreider writes a great article in the Times on the choices we make in life and how they define how we spend the rest of our very short lives. Indeed, like many other of my age, I have been humbled by the number of public figures who have died in the last few months. Some were rather old, but most were not far from where I sit. For someone like me, not even half way through graduate school, I sometimes wonder: is this really worth the few more years I'll be trouncing around? I really have no answer and like the writer of the mentioned article, I sometimes envy a few of my friends for the houses they have, the solid commitment to a community in which they have spent most of their lives, the job they know inside out and have worked at for 20 years. But then I talk to them, and they envy my "gypsying" around, my varied life experience, my apparent fearlessness in the face of change.

This You Tube video, which I found through a Times article written by Paul Vitello is my way of signalling the New Year. Rosh Hashana starts tonight, and so does the reflecting that comes with it. Good year for everyone!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

What Kind of Blogger Are You?