Thursday, December 17, 2009

Semester's end


Another semester of Touro Graduate School of Social Work behind me sort of...internship continues. I learned so much about how little I know!! That could be good...What a hard semester that was! Working nights, the internship, the classes. I am starting to realize that I will be a changed person when I finish this degree. Not by virtue of the "Degree" but by what I am learning, and the internal changes occurring. I don't think I'll ever be a good clinician, but the classes with Dr. Krantz blew me away. At times irritating, at times incredibly funny, he is a master at what he does. He was able to put me in an imaginary chair with an imaginary client and for the first time in a class setting I was at a loss for comments and terrified of making a fool of myself...I look forward to another semester, maybe I won't feel so inept. I think I'll be alright, and above all I will continue to learn a craft that is as intense, cerebral and challenging as any course on physics or any other so called "hard science". It truly is a blessing to have teachers who are masters in their skill.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

What Kind of Blogger Are You?